The innovative approach of iBlue is given by several aspects:
- The focus on the sustainability pillars of the innovation approach, which merges the theoretical aspects with the attention on the real territorial impact: iBlue contributes to improve the management of our maritime zones in a more holistic approach and to implement the needed sustainability.
- The idea of an integrated network of the Med area, wich allows to share the efforts of the partners for the common challenges.
Current experience of SMEs cooperation exists but with limited success, mainly due to the guilds like organizations that do not foster best practice exchange, do not start joint initiatives for improve operations and environment in which they operate.
Share on experiences among consortium member countries will be a must, especially for the countries in which the nautical activities are in an initial phase.
iBlue is structured as multi-modular. In the studying phase, iBlue:
- collects data about yachting sector concerning economic impact, employment, strengths, weaknesses and sustainability;
- conducts a state of the art analysis of Business Model Innovation (BMI) and a mapping of the best practices in yachting sector;
- creates a database of Med yachting SMEs.
- creates a sustainability indicator system, useful to policy makers for a better resource allocation and their impact evaluation.
These tools are shared through an integrated network, involving Med area yachting actors, allowing to have a transnational impact and to bring benefits to all the different activities and sectors connected to yachting.