The main objective of iBlue project is to improve Med area yachting sector competitiveness by:
- creating an integrated and transnational network of yachting sector of the MED area;
- developing and applying a methodology for BMI of its actors, based the 3-pillars of sustainability (economic, social and environmental);
- providing a critical mass of knowledge about the sector.
Through an integrated approach, we will involve actors of the whole nautical supply chain, from the production SMEs to the nautical service providers and the maritime sector tourists.
Furthermore, the cluster will merge competences of research experts, SMEs and local authorities, creating a critical mass of knowledge that will be able to influence policy makers through an impact indicator system. The concrete actions will increase transnational activities in three ways:
- by developing international cooperation and networking;
- by sharing knowledge helping the intelligence data management;
- by capacity building thanks to training and coaching actions.
The innovative cluster, composed by actors with different capabilities in research and operations, though sharing the same innovation objective, will concentrate the efforts to support a key sector of the whole Med area: the maritime tourism and in particular the yachting.